Department Efficiencies Saving Time
Time allocated to manage all stages involved with reprocessing, such calculations are not taken into consideration when looking at the cost benefits of single use & reprocessing, especially delays resulting in instruments returned not fit for purpose, damaged or just missing off the trays.
Additional hidden cost is the number of clinical staff hours wasted chasing or tracing instruments on a daily basis.
- Counting , checking & tracing instruments
- Instrument damage (delicate instruments)
- Instrument repairs and trays off-line
- Time wasted looking or waiting for instruments
- Opening trays to obtain one instrument (not viable!)
Tray instrument management can lead to delays in theatre lists and appointments, creating additional pressures on clinical teams and delays within departments and the consequent effect to patients.